Plant A Seed Cards offer faith-based greeting cards and handmade beaded bracelets and accessories to plant Christian faith based on scripture Matthew 17:20 into people’s hearts one discussion at a time.
Creating a website for Plant A Seed Cards was a labor of love. It started as an idea and a slew of text messages with greeting card mock-ups from one best friend to another. Within a few months, Plant a Seed Cards evolved from an idea to a self-hosted e-commerce shop selling faith-based greeting cards, handmade beaded bracelets, and accessories.
The first e-commerce launch of Plant A Seed Cards was in December 2019 on Big Cartel. As the business evolved to selling faith-based beaded bracelets, it quickly outgrew Big Cartel. It needed an e-commerce solution that would allow for continued growth, customer review capability, and feature-rich options to build a mailing list and integrate social media marketing. After considering another hosted e-commerce platform, the owner opted for a self-hosted e-commerce solution to maximize monthly and annual savings.
- Complete website development (hosting & domain setup, WordPress installation, responsive website design, and plugin configuration).
- WooCommerce shop installation and configuration (setup product, tax, checkout, shipping, accounts, and email requirements).
- Create multiple pages for doing business; content development and adding new products.
- On-page search engine optimization (SEO) development.
- Set up Google Analytics and Site Kit to access data on the WordPress dashboard.
- Set up a Mailchimp account with the creation of an email list, signup forms, and an email template.
- Social media integration and marketing; connect social media accounts to the website; inbound marketing to drive traffic-utilizing Pinterest.
- Ongoing support, maintenance, and training.
Launch: July 2020