Author and Motivational Speaker Website
Anita M. Walker is an author of spiritual books and a motivational speaker. From the start of our collaboration, Anita asked for a website that would feature her books as well as a blog where she could continue to write and share her personal spiritual journey. Anita’s Harmony matches Anita’s endless positivity and encouraging spirit.
Anita’s Harmony has evolved into a portal of Anita’s growing ministry of community outreach and bringing together a network of small business owners.
- Client: Anita’s Harmony, LLC
- Industry: Author, Motivational Speaker
- Features: WordPress installation, website design, search engine optimization, and mailing list subscription
- Launch Date: October 2014
- Website: https://www.anitasharmony.com/
Additional functionality was added to Anita’s Harmony website through the years.
- Easy Digital Download is a complete eCommerce solution for selling digital products on WordPress. This feature was added to sell Anita’s first e-book 21-Day Restoration Journey.
- Event Tickets to sell tickets and collect registration for in-person or virtual events. This feature was added to sell tickets for Anita’s empowerment luncheons.
- This was a brand new WordPress installation that included a responsive custom template setup, plugin configuration, and search engine optimization.
- The slider option chosen highlights inspirational quotes that Anita can easily edit when she is ready for a change.
- Created a Books page and sub-pages with links to buy books from multiple online retailers.
- Created social media accounts and used a plugin option that would automatically share blog posts on the author’s Facebook page and Twitter account.
- Set up a Mailchimp account and created a customized newsletter template; added a sign-up form on the website to allow visitors to subscribe to the newsletter.
- Held in-person training sessions on how to update website pages, post a blog, and basic website maintenance.
- Ongoing support and maintenance as needed.
Shop Anita’s Harmony
Anita asked me to help her create an online store to promote and sell handcrafted, faith bracelets that are based on spiritual principles. I set up Shop Anita’s Harmony under its own sub-domain to allow for growth and flexibility without adding bulk to the original website. Update May 2021: We decided to include the shop on the main website as part of the redesign for less maintenance and ease of use.
- Features: WooCommerce installation and configuration
- Launch Date: December 2017
- Website: anitasharmony.com/shop/
- Created a new shop sub-domain under the hosting service.
- Installed WordPress Content Management System.
- Implemented a new custom design responsive theme.
- Setup and configure plugins to add functionality including search engine optimization.
- Installed and configure WooCommerce settings to meet product, tax, checkout, shipping, accounts, and email requirements.
- Created multiple pages for doing business; assisted with content creation and adding new products.
- Ongoing training and support.
Redesign May 2021
- The purpose of the redesign was to transition from a page builder and classic editor to a design fully dependent on the new WordPress block editor aka Gutenberg.
- The redesign improves site performance and minimizes the number of plugins required to run the site with full functionality.
- Migrated the WooCommerce shop into the main website (anitasharmony.com). Transitioned digital downloads from Easy Digital Downloads to WooCommerce downloadable products.