- Client: Salon & Spa Kids, LLC
- Industry: Hair Salon and Spa
- Features: WordPress installation, website design, content creation, and social media integration.
- Launch Date: February 2014
- Website: https://salonandspakids/ (via Web Archive)
Salon & Spa Kids is a full-service hair salon, spa, and party place for kids located in Pikesville, MD.
This project was a rebranding of a previously closed hair salon for kids. Shortly after taking over the salon, the new owner renamed the business Salon & Spa Kids. With new kid-friendly spa services and newly created party themes, the owner wanted a website that would highlight the expanded menu of services that would give customers a peek into the newly remodeled salon and spa for kids!
In addition to creating a new website, I assisted the owner with redirecting and setting up new business owner accounts on customer review sites and Facebook. As a result of negative customer reviews left about the previous salon, wiping the slate clean to establish a fresh start online was a critical step in introducing Salon & Spa Kids to the local community.
- Established a new hosting account and new domain setup.
- Installed WordPress which included a custom template design, plugin configuration, and search engine optimization.
- Created multiple pages and sub-pages to organize content and to make it user-friendly for visitors to find everything they need to know about the salon & spa and services.
- Installed a Gallery to showcase the salon & spa’s happenings.
- Set up a MailChimp account and added a sign-up form on the website to allow visitors to subscribe to the mailing list.
- Transitioned the Facebook fan page from the old owner to the new owner. The transition included establishing a new URL, updated cover page with a new salon name as well as adding pictures and content to inform followers of new ownership.
- Multiple in-person training sessions on WordPress with the owner and staff.
- Ongoing support and maintenance.
Related Project: Salon & Spa Kids Redesign
Notice: This website is no longer active. The Web Archive retrieval of the website is a snapshot only and it does not present the full capabilities of the former published version of the site.