Author Website and E-commerce Shop
Anita’s Harmony is Anita M. Walker, an author of spiritual books and a motivational speaker. I started working with Anita to create an author website in preparation for the release of her second book, The Journey Continues with My Heavenly Father, in December 2014. From the start of our collaboration, Anita asked for a website that would feature her books as well as a blog where she could continue to write and share her personal spiritual journey. Anita’s Harmony matches Anita’s endless positivity and encouraging spirit.
Since 2014, I have worked with Anita adding new features to the website as she continues to grow her ministry from offering digital books, hosting community luncheons, and selling handmade beaded bracelets. Through it all, Anita has never waivered from her commitment to growing her online platform.
- Complete website development (hosting & domain setup, WordPress installation, responsive website design, and plugin configuration).
- Highlight books and sub-pages with links to buy books from multiple online retailers.
- Social media account creation and integration; set up automation to share blog posts on the author’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Set up a Mailchimp account with a custom newsletter template; embed the sign-up form on the website to allow visitors to subscribe to the newsletter.
- Conduct in-person training sessions to update pages, post a blog, and basic website maintenance.
- Ongoing support and maintenance.
In 2021, Anita’s Harmony went through an extensive redesign. It was long overdue in an effort to freshen up the look of the site and to scale in response to Anita’s growing ministry of faith, community outreach, and creating a network for small business owners.
The main purpose of the redesign was to transition from a page builder theme and the WordPress classic editor to a customizable performance-enhancing theme compatible with the Gutenberg block editor. The new theme and block capability minimized the number of plugins required to run the site with full functionality. As a result, the updates improved the overall website performance.
In addition, successfully migrated the WooCommerce shop from the sub-domain (shop.anitasharmony) to the main website (anitasharmony.com). By streamlining WooCommerce on the main domain made the Easy Digital Download plugin redundant. Anita can now sell digital products, books, and faith bracelets on a single e-commerce platform.
In 2022, I helped Anita audit and reorganize the blog. We removed blogs that no longer serve her readers and updated blogs giving them evergreen content. Additionally, I provided Anita with blogging tools to help create focused blogs on topics related to her ministry to serve her community.