Professional Organizer Website
Purge, LLC is committed to delivering results with the shared goal of simplifying the process of organizing and decluttering space. Our initial collaboration included auditing the website and implementing recommendations to improve functionality and ease of use.
A year after completing the initial project, the owners hired me to overhaul the backend of their website. This included, but was not limited to transitioning to a performance-enhanced theme and migrating to a managed WordPress hosting plan.
Four areas of IMprovement
For our second collaboration, we focused on four areas of improvement. 1) Simplifying the photo gallery. 2) Giving client access to leave testimonials. 3) Updating the call to action form. 4) Optimizing the site for search engines (SEO).
Simplifying the photo gallery
Professional organizing is a personal service that requires clients to open up their homes and other personal spaces. With that in mind, sharing the unique services provided by Purge, LLC and proof of work was a priority. I implemented an easy-to-navigate before and after gallery, showing potential clients what to expect when they work with Purge, LLC. The Before & After gallery in its simplest form tells a story of client success.
Giving client access to leave testimonials
Creating social proof on your website to help foster trust and boost conversions can be achieved with client testimonials. Testimonials are powerful because it allows consumers to connect emotionally while telling a story of success and building brand awareness.
By implementing a client testimonial workflow, a client can now enter and submit their testimonial directly on the website. After submission, the owners receive a notification when there is a new testimonial that requires their approval.
Updating the call to action form
When potential clients visit Purge, LLC the goal is to draw them in with solutions to make their life easier. Throughout the website, there is a clear call to action for visitors to schedule a complimentary consultation. The complimentary consultation form was updated with convenience in mind by adding the Best Time to Call field. This simple add-on can help prevent a bad first impression by eliminating missed or inconvenient phone calls when trying to connect with a potential client for the first time.
Optimizing for the search engine
During the backend overhaul process, I focused on refining the page content with keywords and phrases, tags, and internal links to improve search visibility and increase traffic. Improving the site’s SEO is a work in progress, and the outcomes will be evident once the owners are ready to list on Google Business. In the meantime, the on-page SEO framework is in place to improve the website ranking in search.
Since meeting the owners of Purge, LLC, it has been a true collaboration. I continue to work with them in many different capacities including giving assistance with refining the business plan.
- Full site audit including recommendations to improve performance, functionality, and ease of use.
- Migrated from shared hosting to managed WordPress hosting to improve security, speed, WordPress updates, daily backups, website uptime, and scalability.
- Migrate from a page builder theme with the classic editor to a performance-enhanced theme compatible with the Gutenberg block editor. Recreate the design of the current theme.
- Update security plugin and implement reCaptcha capability to login page and forms to eliminate spam.
- Create pages and content to highlight community service and health & wellness information.
- Streamlines the “Our Work” photo gallery with a built-in block photo gallery.
- Implement dynamic forms (automate client testimonials, integrate event registration & payment form with PayPal, and upgrade consultation form with time/date option.
- Refine the on-page SEO with keywords and key phrases.
- Ongoing consultation, website support, and training.
Relaunch: July 2021